The Esperanza Ensemble has had the pleasure of performing a number of world premiere pieces by local composers, as well as lesser-known works from across the centuries. Here are some highlights of the ensemble’s repertoire, with YouTube/SoundCloud links to our performances where available:
- Katherine Bergman (1985- ): Susurrus for Alto Saxophone and Bassoon, premiered May 11, 2014.
- Michael Burton (1988- ): Growth, for Flute, Bassoon, Saxophone, Viola, and Piano (mvmt. 2), premiered May 17, 2015.
- Justin E.A. Busch (1959- ):
- Trio in G Major, Op. 84, for Flute, Viola, and Bassoon, premiered June 2, 2013 (YouTube: I, II, III).
- Quintet in g minor, Op. 34, for Flute, Bassoon, Viola, Doublebass, and Piano, premiered May 11, 2014.
- Trio in F# Major, Op. 46, for Viola, French Horn, and Alto Saxophone, premiered February 20, 2015.
- The Sorceress of Zoom, Fantasy Septet, Op. 98, premiered May 17, 2015 (YouTube).
- Ian Cook (1990- ): Nocturne for Flute, Soprano Saxophone, Horn, and Bassoon, premiered May 17, 2015.
- Mattie Ernst (1989- ): Divertimento for Flute, Viola, and Bassoon, premiered May 11, 2014.
- Michael McGee (1949- ): Triptico Esperanza for Flute, Viola, Bassoon, and Horn, premiered May 17, 2015.
- Malcolm Arnold (1921-2006):
- Roque Cordero (1917-2008): Soliloquios No. 2 for solo Alto Saxophone (SoundCloud).
- Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827): Trio in G Major for Flute, Bassoon, and Piano, WoO 37 (SoundCloud).
- Rebecca Clarke (1886-1979): Passacaglia for Viola and Piano.
- Paul Hindemith (1895-1963): Eight Pieces for Solo Flute (SoundCloud).
- Sofia Gubaidulina (1931- ): Quasi hoquetus, for Viola, Bassoon, and Piano (SoundCloud).
- Charles Koechlin (1867-1950): Épitaphe de Jean Harlow, Op. 164, for Flute, Alto Saxophone, and Piano.
- Antoine-Léonce Kuhn (1753-1823): Trio Concertante in D Major, Op. 5, for Flute, Viola, and Piano.
- Wolfgang Plagge (1960- ): Monoceros, Op. 51, for solo French Horn. (SoundCloud)
- Ned Rorem (1923- ): Picnic on the Marne: Seven Waltzes for Alto Saxophone and Piano (SoundCloud).
- Anton Rubinstein (1829-1894):
- Three Salon Pieces, Op. 11 #3, for Piano and Viola (YouTube: I, II, III).
- Polonaise in e-flat minor, Op. 118 #6, for Solo Piano (SoundCloud).
- Alexander Scriabin (1872-1915): Vers la Flamme, Op. 72, for solo Piano (SoundCloud).
- Jean-Baptiste Singelée (1812-1875): Fantaisie, Op. 89, for Soprano Saxophone and Piano (YouTube).
- Rudolf Tillmetz (1847-1915): Nocturne, Op. 31, for Flute, Horn, and Piano (YouTube).
- Charles Whittenberg (1927-1984): Trio Divertimento for Flute, Viola, and Bassoon (SoundCloud).